Information on this page, including unit offerings, is from the 2020 academic year.
Graduate Diploma in Web Communication (GradDipWebComm)
- G1071GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN WEB COMMUNICATION
- Course Outline
- Course Structure
- Course Plans
|Title||Graduate Diploma in Web Communication (GradDipWebComm)|
|Study Level||Graduate Diploma|
|Organisational Unit||Creative Media, Arts and Design|
Academic Chair: Mrs Renae Desai | Email: R.Desai@murdoch.edu.au | Tel: 9360 6202
|Qualification||Graduate Diploma in Web Communication (GradDipWebComm)|
|Duration||1 year full-time or part-time equivalent|
|Availability||Murdoch campus (internal)|
|Restriction||All graduate courses are subject to restriction.|
|Description||This course is an innovative qualification for professionals who need the theoretical knowledge and technical skills in social media tactics and technologies, search engine optimisation, web content, web analytics and online communications strategies. The course will cover the full spectrum of web communications in business, social, political, and organisational spheres and provide students with the technical skills to maximise opportunities in this new landscape.|
|Admission Requirements: Onshore course offerings||Recognised Bachelor's degree in any field, or equivalent training, or satisfactory preparation for the course through previous study or professional experience.
Equivalent of an Academic IELTS overall score of 6.0 with no band less than 6.0.
|Course Learning Outcomes||Students will:
1. Demonstrate advanced knowledge of web communication theories, principles and practices across a range of local, regional and global contexts;
2. Develop professional competence in analysing and researching the role that web communication plays in social, cultural, political and business communication;
3. Research and implement a range of high-level Web
Communication strategies and methodologies for specific purposes across a variety of digital media platforms;
4. Present innovative creative and strategic solutions to complex web communication problems, in a variety of modes, to diverse clients, stakeholders, audiences, communities and publics;
5. Synthesise advanced disciplinary knowledge and skills with professional practice through self-directed independent inquiry;
6. Develop the ability to provide leadership and to work collaboratively and effectively within team environments;
7. Communicate and assess critical feedback that is respectful of the thoughts and opinions of others.
8. Synthesize personal, ethical, industry convention and client based viewpoints towards the successful resolution of advanced web communication projects
|Employment Prospects||Web communications specialist; online PR and marketing consultant; SEO strategist; digital-content strategist; e-commerce specialist; digital producer; e-marketer; web studio account manager; social media strategist; web metrics analyst.|
|Internet Access Requirements||Murdoch units normally include an online component comprising materials, discussions, lecture recordings and assessment activities. All students, regardless of their location or mode of study, need to have access to and be able to use computing devices with browsing capability and a connection to the Internet via Broadband (Cable, ADSL or Mobile) or Wireless. The Internet connection should be readily available and allow large amounts of data to be streamed or downloaded (approximately 100MB per lecture recording). Students also need to be able to enter into online discussions and submit assignments online.|
MCM501 Critical and Ethical Issues in Communication - 3 points
MCM502 Web Strategy - 3 points
MCM506 Strategic Communication - 3 points
WEB564 Web Research - 3 points
WEB566 Social Media Analysis - 3 points
MCM684 Advanced MESH Project - 3 points
MURDOCH: S1-internal, S2-internal, W-internal
Select from the following:
GAD501 Games and Apps Design and Production - 3 points
Not available this year
MCM507 Health Communication - 3 points
GRD503 Design Thinking Tools - 3 points
GRD504 Research Methods for Innovation - 3 points
MCM605 International Strategic Communication and Culture - 3 points
GRD505 Co-design Project Strategies - 3 points
Go to the Tuition Fee Calculator for this course for the following Student Types:
No course plans are available for this course in 2020.
To check other years, go to the Course Plans site.