Information on this page, including unit offerings, is from the 2020 academic year.
Semester in Indonesia 2 (IND244)
|Organisational Unit||Global Studies|
|Availability||MURDOCH: S1-internal, S2-internal|
|Teaching Timetables||Murdoch S1
|Description||Students spend a semester studying at an Indonesian university, undertaking various studies, which may include intensive language, fieldwork and area studies.|
|Unit Learning Outcomes||On the successful completion of this Unit, you should be able to:
1. Communicate using Indonesian language of appropriate register and formality, in a wide range of social contexts;
2. Use and understand linguistic and non-linguistic communication techniques to operate comfortably in a wide range of formal and informal social situations in Indonesia;
3. Employ standard, formal Indonesian, both written and spoken, to analyse and explain specialist topics in an university context;
4. Understand a range of social, political, economic and religious interactions such as would take place in Indonesia on a daily basis;
5. Function independently and competently within Indonesian society in a manner acceptable to the general community.
|Timetabled Learning Activities|
|Prerequisites||Completed IND203 Indonesian 5, IND243 Semester in Indonesia 1 or equivalent. Admission requires permission of the Academic Chair. Host institutions may have particular requirements for admission.|
|Notes||Students can take the Advanced Semester in Indonesia.
* Places are limited and all intending students must apply to the Academic Chair. Strict conditions and additional costs may apply.
* Graduate students should enrol in the appropriate level code for this unit except where the course structure states otherwise. Contact the Program Chair for further information.
* Students undertaking this unit will need to be aware of Travel Advisories as published by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). This unit May
include a project or internship with approval of the Unit Coordinator.
|Assessment||A result of Ungraded Pass or Fail is awarded for this unit.|
|Internet Access Requirements||Murdoch units normally include an online component comprising materials, discussions, lecture recordings and assessment activities. All students, regardless of their location or mode of study, need to have access to and be able to use computing devices with browsing capability and a connection to the Internet via Broadband (Cable, ADSL or Mobile) or Wireless. The Internet connection should be readily available and allow large amounts of data to be streamed or downloaded (approximately 100MB per lecture recording). Students also need to be able to enter into online discussions and submit assignments online.|
|No co-ordinators found for this unit.||Unit Contacts|
|No contacts found for this unit.|