Information on this page, including unit offerings, is from the 2020 academic year.
Organisational Psychology: Practicum I (PSY570)
|Organisational Unit||Psychology, Counselling, Exercise Science and Chiropractic|
|Teaching Timetables||Murdoch S2
|Description||This unit focuses on practical application of organisational psychology to real organisational issues. The placements will provide practical experience in core areas of organisational psychology including selection and assessment, performance evaluation, teamwork, training, and organisational development. The principal aim is to develop students' competence in applying knowledge, experience and research from all aspects of organisational psychology to real organisational challenges.|
|Unit Learning Outcomes||On successful completion of the unit you should:
1. Have advanced research and applied skills in a variety of areas of organisational psychology.
2. Be able to work both independently and in a team to accomplish professional work-related tasks.
3. Have met the required competency in practicing Organisational Psychology in an applied setting which is basic preparation for PSY603 second year practical placements.
|Timetabled Learning Activities||Practical placements: 1 day per week (inclusive of non-teaching periods).|
|Unit Learning Experiences||The approach to learning in this unit is practicum based using scenario-based workshops and facilitated group tasks to develop competence in the core areas of organisational psychology. Using real world examples students are required to produce workable solutions to organisational challenges under the supervision of a registered psychologist with expertise in the area of organisational psychology and consulting.|
|Assessment||The broad aims of this unit are to:
1. Meet Australian Psychology Accreditation Council's requirements for demonstrating competency in organisational psychology for practical placements.
2. Develop capacity to integrate theoretical knowledge to the future practice of organisational psychology
3. Develop skills in organisational research and consulting.
4. Provide a forum for sharing placement experiences with students in the Applied Psychology Program (Organisational).
3. Job Analyses and Selection
4. Hogan Personality Assessment Training
5. Training Materials & Presentation
6. Performance Management
8. Log Book and Reflective Diary
The practical, applied nature of these assignments means that each aligns with the aims listed above. Written and one-to-one verbal, supervised feedback will be provided for each of these assignments.
|Prerequisites||Enrolment in MAppPsych, DPsych or MAppPsych/PhD; OR Enrolment in Postgraduate/Graduate Diploma in Consultancy Psychology where candidate holds a four-year Psychology qualification or equivalent; Provisional Registration as a Psychologist with Psychology Board of Australia.|
|Notes||Students must achieve a pass in all assignments in order to complete this unit.|
|Appears in these Courses/Majors:
see individual structures for context
|Internet Access Requirements||Murdoch units normally include an online component comprising materials, discussions, lecture recordings and assessment activities. All students, regardless of their location or mode of study, need to have access to and be able to use computing devices with browsing capability and a connection to the Internet via Broadband (Cable, ADSL or Mobile) or Wireless. The Internet connection should be readily available and allow large amounts of data to be streamed or downloaded (approximately 100MB per lecture recording). Students also need to be able to enter into online discussions and submit assignments online.|
|No co-ordinators found for this unit.||Unit Contacts|
|No contacts found for this unit.|