Information on this page, including unit offerings, is from the 2019 academic year.
Digital and Social Media Marketing (BUS359)
|Availability||MURDOCH: S1-internal, S1-external|
|Teaching Timetables||Murdoch S1
|Description||This course will equip you with the skills you need to be a productive and effective marketer in the 21st century. You'll learn current tools and best practices you can use to promote a brand, drive sales leads, and boost customer engagement.|
|Unit Learning Outcomes||On successful completion of the unit students should be able to:
1. Use a full arsenal of digital marketing tools, including Google AdWords, Facebook, Google Analytics, etc.
2. Analyse the success of digital marketing campaigns across different segments using analytics.
3. Exhibit enough foundational digital & social media marketing to conduct independent research.
4. Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills to craft digital & social media marketing messages.
5. Understand the ethical implications of data-driven digital and social media marketing
|Timetabled Learning Activities||2 Hours Workshop, one per week of the semester|
|Unit Learning Experiences||The unit uses blended learning which combines learning online with interactive workshops. Using this
combination of online and face-to-face learning provides flexibility for all students to learn anytime (24/7),
anywhere (with an Internet connection) at a pace that suits their learning style. In this unit students explore
concepts online prior to workshops, through videos, audio, and websites. Workshops (online or face-to-
face) are interactive and will involve discussion and debate surrounding the key topics each week.
|Assessment||1. Google Analytics IQ Assessment (Individual) - 20%
2a. Facebook Blueprint Advertising Core Competencies Exam (Individual) - 30% \
2b. Participation on Facebook - 5%
3. Google Ads Search Certification (Individual) - 20%
4. Case Study on Online Marketing at Big Skinny (Group) - 25%
At the end of this unit, you would have earned Google and Facebook certifications, which will give you an edge when applying for many marketing positions.
|Exclusions||BUS305 Digital Business|
|Appears in these Courses/Majors:
see individual structures for context
|Appears in these Minors||Marketing
|Internet Access Requirements||Murdoch units normally include an online component comprising materials, discussions, lecture recordings and assessment activities. All students, regardless of their location or mode of study, need to have access to and be able to use computing devices with browsing capability and a connection to the Internet via Broadband (Cable, ADSL or Mobile) or Wireless. The Internet connection should be readily available and allow large amounts of data to be streamed or downloaded (approximately 100MB per lecture recording). Students also need to be able to enter into online discussions and submit assignments online.|
|No co-ordinators found for this unit.||Unit Contacts|
|No contacts found for this unit.|